Suggested Storage Unit Size
Your storage requirements exceed the capacity of a single storage unit. Please give us a call at 850-835-7468 to arrange for multiple units.
- Use furniture drawers for delicate items and then wrap and label them as "FRAGILE". Bubble wrap and packing paper are excellent for these purposes.
- When packing toys or smaller objects, remember to fill boxes completely, stuffing open areas with plain newspaper to prevent collapsing when stacked.
- Be careful not to store anything combustible (such as paint and chemicals) or perishable (such as food that is not permanently sealed).
- When storing lawn and garden equipment, drain any fluids prior to storage to avoid corrosive damage.
- Use trash cans to store shovels, hoes and rakes.
- Always use high quality locks on your unit. Locks are available for sale - just ask your site manager for a recommendation.
- When storing delicate heirlooms, use specially constructed boxes, such as wardrobe boxes, and use dehumidifiers to prevent mildew build up. Remember to label these boxes "FRAGILE."
- Store furniture carefully.
- Mattresses should be covered and stored flat on level surfaces.
- Larger appliances, such as stoves or refrigerators, provide additional space for storing towels, blankets, etc.
- Break down items such as table legs, and store tabletops and sofas on end to save space.
- Use protective covers and treat wood surfaces before storing.
- When storing business files and inventory, label all boxes and construct aisles so files are easily seen and accessible.